Creative Ways to Organize your Jewelry
Jewelry can be a hassle to organize due to their fragility and all of their small parts. If it seems like you can never find the specific piece of jewelry you are looking for then it may be time for you to conquer the jewelry clutter and come up with a create way to organize your jewelry. We at All American Self Storage in San Mateo, CA can help you during the process with the jewelry organization tips we have gathered below.
Creative Storage Ideas
· Hang necklaces from doorknobs. Not the current doorknobs you see today, but the older more stylish options. These can often be found at any antique or craft store. By attaching the variety of collected door knobs to a recycled piece of wood you can create the perfect piece for hanging and displaying your necklaces.
· Hanging dangling earrings in an old picture frame is a cute and easy way to store your jewelry. By using an old frame and attaching metal wire across the interior you can create a custom line to hang your earrings off of.
· If you prefer to hide your jewelry, a mirrored armoire is a perfect solution. Most armoires come with hidden storage already installed. These small nooks and crannies are perfect for storing rings, bracelets, and earrings. If needed you can screw in hooks or use command hooks and attach them to the side of the armoire to hold necklaces and keep them from getting tangled.
· Use glass bottles to store your bracelets. These bottles can be painted and used as a creative piece of décor while acting as a storage solution for a variety of bracelets you may own. Placing them on a table or shelf will add to the décor of your living space while providing a nice personal touch.
· Organizing and storing the small stuff can often be difficult. By placing small earrings and earring backs in an ice cube tray you can store those cute little accessories without losing any of them. You can keep the tray out of view by easily storing them in a drawer, cupboard, or closet.
Sort and Organize
The first step in organizing your jewelry is to sort, untangle, and store. Sort through those pieces you have had over the years and decide if you will keep wearing them. If the answer is no, you have two options. You can either donate your old jewelry items or place them in storage to give away at a later time. Having a storage unit at All American Self Storage in San Mateo, CA will give you the space and security needed to protect those memorable jewelry pieces.